We have had such a nice and relaxing fun day. Deven went into his folks room this am and asked "Is gramma still here?" When told I was, he came and crawled in with me---at 6am. Not bad except I am in the midst of a good book and read until 1 am. Brie had said as she was trying to get Josh to go to sleep, that last time she went into labor he had been up late! Of course, the book won out over the warning. Deven and I snuggled and then went groceries shopping, Starbucks and the park.
Josh's family---making the group 14 in total ----came over midafternoon and we had a fantastic meal (Josh had gotten up at 5am to start the ham!) and they brought lots to share----and sufficient sweets for a brigade!!!!
Present opening was next for all the kids. Deven is so excited about the whole holiday---Santa, baby Jesus---he plays with one of the Nativity sets ALL the time and, of course gifts. We are now taking turns getting him to go to sleep and getting all the gifts under the tree. He is going to go nuts tomorrow. From what I have seen so far, he is getting some cool stuff.
I don't think I have EVER been this relaxed for a holiday. I am feeling very blessed.
Love to all and we'll talk sometime during the day.
Val
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment